Brentwood firefighters rescue woman whose arm got stuck in a bench on a night out
A night out in Brentwood took a turn for the worse for one woman last Friday.
The woman had to be cut free from a bench on the junction of Honeypot Lane and Brook Street after getting her arm stuck.
Firefighters from Brentwood station had to prise open the wooden bench to get her free, in the early hours of Saturday morning.
She had told them that she had been on a night out, and had been sitting on the large wooden bench.
She said she dropped something while sitting on it, reached between the seat and back rest to pick it up when her arm became trapped.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was stuck for an hour before firefighters rescued her. She was left in the care of the ambulance service, but did not need medical treatment.
A spokesman for Essex County Council said: “We are still working with Brentwood Borough Council to assess the extent of the damage to the bench and establish whether it needs to be replaced.”
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals