First babies of the decade: Brentwood couple welcome New Year’s Day baby
- Credit: Aidan Mahoney
A Brentwood couple had a New Year’s Day they’ll never forget as they welcomed their baby boy Arthur on the morning of January 1.
First time parents Aidan Mahoney and Jorden Magner welcomed their son Arthur Mahoney at 11.30am at Queen's Hospital, Romford, run by Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Arthur was one of the first babies born at the hospital this decade.
After a gruelling 18 hours in labour when the epidural didn't work, their original due date of December 31 rolled into the New Year, getting to the hospital just two hours before midnight.
"It'll be a New Year's Eve I won't forget, that's for sure!" said Aidan. "It's been really tiring, but also a really good adjustment."
You may also want to watch:
Little Arthur weighed eight ounces and was described as happy and healthy.
- 1 Only eight Covid patients 'critical' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 2 Councillor criticises council decision to remove automated public toilets
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Lidl to submit a planning application for a Rainham store
- 5 Shielding pensioner 'gobsmacked' after being hit with littering fine
- 6 Romford MP leading charge to ban 'no pets' clauses in rented homes
- 7 Planes can't take off, but new businesses can - pilot swaps cockpit for coffee
- 8 Collier Row school keeping children entertained with unique treasure hunt
- 9 Hornchurch striker Liam Nash backing his side to keep Wembley dream alive
- 10 Raiders return for Leone