Brentwood building evacuated after chemical leak

A building was evacuated after a chemical leak in Brentwood yesterday (Thursday, September 21).

Firefighters from Brentwood and Grays were called to The Foyer, in Chindits Lane, Warley, after reports of a strong smell of ammonia in the kitchen at about 1pm.

The day centre premises were evacuated and crews wore breathing apparatus while investigating the cause of the ammonia.

They found that a fridge was leaking the chemical and the ventilated the kitchen area.

They were at the day centre for just over an hour, and left by 2.15pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter