Brentwood blood donor reaches milestone 100th donation
- Credit: Archant
Brentwood blood donor makes his 100th blood donation and has helped saved the lives of 300 people.
Robin Greatorex, 65, made his 100th donation last week at NHS Blood and Transplant’s blood donor centre in Crescent Drive, Brentwood.
Robin, who has been donating blood since 1977, first started after spotting the Brentwood blood donor centre when traffic was diverted off Shenfield Road via Crescent Drive.
He said: “I continued to donate because I’m keen to serve others. To encourage other people to start this life-saving habit, I would say overcome the fear. It doesn’t hurt and the staff are really friendly.”
Derek Carr, lead donor relations manager for Essex at NHS Blood and Transplant, said: “This is another amazing achievement by one of our long standing donors. It is great to see how passionate and dedicated Mr Greatorex is about blood donation. It is easy to forget how much of a difference giving blood can make to people’s lives.
You may also want to watch:
“Mr Greatorex is an inspiration to us all and we hope that others will follow in his footsteps to save the lives of many more people.”
If you would like to donate blood you can call the Donor Line on 0300 123 23 23 or visit www.blood.co.uk.
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford