Brentwood-backed energy scheme awarded
A COUNCIL energy efficiency scheme has won one of the most prestigious environmental awards in the UK.
The Herts Essex Energy Partnership (HEEP) was awarded a Bronze Green Apple Award for Environmental Best Practice at the House of Commons.
The annual awards scheme run internationally recognises, rewards and promotes environmental best practice around the world.
HEEP was among the winners selected from more than 500 nominations this year.
The Brentwood-backed energy efficiency scheme set up by 15 Councils across all of Herts and some of Essex offers grants, interest free loans and discounts to homeowners and private tenants to help generate and save energy.
You may also want to watch:
A letter has been sent from HEEP to Brentwood residents explaining the benefits of installing loft and cavity wall insulation and the discounts available.
Brentwood Councillor Roger Hirst, Chairman of the Environment, Housing and Community Panel, said: “This is a fantastic scheme, which saves people money, keeps them warm, and protects the environment. As the winter closes round us I’d encourage the elderly and those on qualifying benefits to get in their applications.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 9 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
”Funding is limited, so it is important that all residents in the Brentwood Council area know what help is available to generate their own energy and save energy in their home, before it is too late.”