Brentwood-backed energy scheme awarded
A COUNCIL energy efficiency scheme has won one of the most prestigious environmental awards in the UK.
The Herts Essex Energy Partnership (HEEP) was awarded a Bronze Green Apple Award for Environmental Best Practice at the House of Commons.
The annual awards scheme run internationally recognises, rewards and promotes environmental best practice around the world.
HEEP was among the winners selected from more than 500 nominations this year.
The Brentwood-backed energy efficiency scheme set up by 15 Councils across all of Herts and some of Essex offers grants, interest free loans and discounts to homeowners and private tenants to help generate and save energy.
You may also want to watch:
A letter has been sent from HEEP to Brentwood residents explaining the benefits of installing loft and cavity wall insulation and the discounts available.
Brentwood Councillor Roger Hirst, Chairman of the Environment, Housing and Community Panel, said: “This is a fantastic scheme, which saves people money, keeps them warm, and protects the environment. As the winter closes round us I’d encourage the elderly and those on qualifying benefits to get in their applications.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 6 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 7 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 9 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
”Funding is limited, so it is important that all residents in the Brentwood Council area know what help is available to generate their own energy and save energy in their home, before it is too late.”