Brentwood: Air ambulance paramedic to trek in Nepal for charity
- Credit: Archant
An air ambulance paramedic will be taking on a Nepal trek challenge to raise money for charity.
Erica Ley will be trekking for 10 days through the Annapurna region to raise money to keep two helicopters used by the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance Trust running.
She said: “As a new member of the team I wanted to give more than solely being part of the medical team.
“I feel extremely proud to be part of a resource that brings essential life-saving care to the individuals who need it 365 days a year and one image of the breathtaking scenery was all it took for me to be intent on joining the trip and raising money for this worthy cause.”
She added: “The charity staff work tirelessly behind the scenes to raise the £380,000 per month to ensure we keep flying and they’re constantly looking for new ways to raise awareness and funds.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m sure the experience will be amazing! I am determined to reach the £3,000 target and I hope that people will lend their support as I set off on this Nepalese adventure.”
If you would like to sponsor Erica visit her Just Giving Page www.justgiving.com/Erica-Ley.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 7 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 8 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford