BREAKING: Winger Green re-signs for Daggers
Manager John Still reveals midfielder snubbed other clubs to rejoin Dagenham & Redbridge.
Dagenham & Redbridge have signed winger Dominic Green on a free transfer - three years after he left Victoria Road for Peterborough United.
The 22-year-old made 14 league appearances during his original 18 month spell with the club, scoring one goal.
The former Rushden & Diamonds winger has signed a two-year deal and will provide competition with Danny J Green on the club’s left-flank.
Manager John Still said: “He’s a very clever player, he’s left-footed, got good balance and can score goals.
You may also want to watch:
“He left us for big money and was available on a free transfer, it was a no-brainer.
“He wanted to come back. He had other offers, but he chose to come here and he’s taken a big drop in wages to do so. He wants to get his career back on line.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 6 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 7 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 8 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 9 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 10 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
“On the left we only have Danny Green, on the right we have Damian Scannell and Medy Elito, but we’ve had to use Jon Nurse out there, so Dominic will be good competition for Danny in an area where we were lacking some depth.”