BREAKING NEWS: Travellers pitch up in Noak Hill playground
Around a dozen traveller families are currently occupying a playground in Noak Hill.
The caravans pitched up at around 9am today in the land known locally as The Rocket Playground, off North Hill Drive.
One resident, who asked not to be named, said: “They’ve parked beside the play equipment so you can’t take your children there. It’s a bit of a cheek.”
Havering Council and Police are working together to “resolve the situation”, a police spokesman said.
Deputy leader of Havering Council, Cllr Steven Kelly, said: “We will not tolerate any illegal entrance to our parks and will take every action to evict these people as soon as possible. The camp is being monitored by the council and we have served notice to leave the park immediately. This will be followed by obtaining court orders if necessary.”
You may also want to watch:
Do you have any pictures? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 2 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 3 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 6 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 7 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 10 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row