BREAKING NEWS: Rainham toddler critical after burns horror
A toddler is in a critical condition in hospital after suffering severe burns in Rainham this morning.
The three-year-old girl was airlifted from Simpson Road to Broomfield Hosptial, in Essex - which has a specliaist burns unit - by the Helicopter Medical Service (HEMs).
A spokesman for Havering Police said: “London Ambulance Service were called by a resident at 10.25am. The girl was treated at the scene before being taken to Broomfield.”
A house in Simpson Road has been cordoned off, and forensics are currently photographing inside and outside. Uniform and plain clothes police officers are also carrying out investigations.
Police have also cordoned off an area of a park off Rainham Road, known by residents as the New Park, where the air ambulance landed.
You may also want to watch:
The toddler was transferred to the helicopter by land ambulance, which has been seized by police while they carry out initial investigations.
There have been no arrests.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards