BREAKING NEWS: Most of Gubbins Lane, Harold Wood, closed due to ‘gas leak’
Around two-thirds of Gubbins Lane in Harold Wood is closed due to a suspected gas leak.
A section of the road from the mini-roundabout by Harold Wood Park up to The Drive could be shut for as long four hours, it has been claimed.
Residents trying to get to Harold Wood Station are being diverted by the authorities, including Havering Police and fire crews.
Carol Butler, who lives just off The Drive, said: “My husband came home and said he could smell gas earlier, then when he tried to get to work at about 10.30am the road was closed. I had to drive him to Gidea Park Station to get to work.
“[Police] said the road could be closed for as long as four hours.”
You may also want to watch:
More details to follow.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'