BREAKING NEWS: Most of Gubbins Lane, Harold Wood, closed due to ‘gas leak’
Around two-thirds of Gubbins Lane in Harold Wood is closed due to a suspected gas leak.
A section of the road from the mini-roundabout by Harold Wood Park up to The Drive could be shut for as long four hours, it has been claimed.
Residents trying to get to Harold Wood Station are being diverted by the authorities, including Havering Police and fire crews.
Carol Butler, who lives just off The Drive, said: “My husband came home and said he could smell gas earlier, then when he tried to get to work at about 10.30am the road was closed. I had to drive him to Gidea Park Station to get to work.
“[Police] said the road could be closed for as long as four hours.”
You may also want to watch:
More details to follow.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards