BREAKING NEWS: Man dies after being hit by train at Romford station
A man has died after being hit by a train at Romford station this afternoon.
Police are still trying to work out the identity of the man and will be informing his next of kin as soon as they can.
A spokesman for the British Transport Police (BTP) said: “Officers from BTP and the Metropolitan Police attended the incident, which was reported at 2.11pm, and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
“Paramedics from the London Ambulance Service also attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
“A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for National Express East Anglia said that Romford station has now reopened but delays are expected until 7pm.
- 1 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 2 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 3 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 6 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 7 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 10 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row