BREAKING NEWS: Man dies after being hit by train at Romford station
A man has died after being hit by a train at Romford station this afternoon.
Police are still trying to work out the identity of the man and will be informing his next of kin as soon as they can.
A spokesman for the British Transport Police (BTP) said: “Officers from BTP and the Metropolitan Police attended the incident, which was reported at 2.11pm, and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
“Paramedics from the London Ambulance Service also attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
“A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for National Express East Anglia said that Romford station has now reopened but delays are expected until 7pm.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
- 10 87-room care home on Ardleigh Green college site granted permission