BREAKING NEWS: Huge fire in Rainham
A HUGE fire is currently raging in an industrial estate near Rainham Train Station.
Fire crews are battling the blaze which witnesses say is consuming a warehouse, in Lamson Road.
Black smoke is billowing across the train lines and grey ash is covering the surrounding area.
Cllr Jeff Tucker, who owns Rainham Goldmine Jewellers, in Upminster Road South, said: “The whole of Rainham Village is thick with smoke and stinks of burning. The fire seems very big. The fire brigade is on its way now.
He added: “It’s snowing what looks like asbestos.”
You may also want to watch:
Check the Recorder website for updates.
For the full story and pictures, see the week’s Recorder newspaper.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 3 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 4 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 5 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 6 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone