BREAKING NEWS: Huge fire in Rainham
A HUGE fire is currently raging in an industrial estate near Rainham Train Station.
Fire crews are battling the blaze which witnesses say is consuming a warehouse, in Lamson Road.
Black smoke is billowing across the train lines and grey ash is covering the surrounding area.
Cllr Jeff Tucker, who owns Rainham Goldmine Jewellers, in Upminster Road South, said: “The whole of Rainham Village is thick with smoke and stinks of burning. The fire seems very big. The fire brigade is on its way now.
He added: “It’s snowing what looks like asbestos.”
You may also want to watch:
Check the Recorder website for updates.
For the full story and pictures, see the week’s Recorder newspaper.
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 5 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 6 Seventh person arrested in connection with fatal stabbing in Harold Wood
- 7 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
- 8 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 9 New care unit for over 75s opens at Queen's Hospital in Romford
- 10 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood