BREAKING NEWS: Huge fire in Rainham
A HUGE fire is currently raging in an industrial estate near Rainham Train Station.
Fire crews are battling the blaze which witnesses say is consuming a warehouse, in Lamson Road.
Black smoke is billowing across the train lines and grey ash is covering the surrounding area.
Cllr Jeff Tucker, who owns Rainham Goldmine Jewellers, in Upminster Road South, said: “The whole of Rainham Village is thick with smoke and stinks of burning. The fire seems very big. The fire brigade is on its way now.
He added: “It’s snowing what looks like asbestos.”
You may also want to watch:
Check the Recorder website for updates.
For the full story and pictures, see the week’s Recorder newspaper.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 6 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 9 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 10 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’