BREAKING NEWS: Fatal car smash causing huge delays in M25
A FATAL car smash on the M25 between Upminster and Lakeside at 5.40am today (October 15) has caused huge tailbacks on the clockwise lane.
One person is thought to have died and another is in a critical condition at Queen’s Hospital, in Rom Valley Way, Romford, in the smash between junction 29 and 30.
A third victim is seriously ill in Basildon University Hospital, in Essex.
The Highways Agency is currently turning round vehicles stuck behind the crash, including a high number of heavy goods lorries
The road will remain closed for a “considerable time”, police said, as officers deal with the scene
You may also want to watch:
There are also delays on the anticlockwise carriageway as people slow down by the crash.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 8 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week