BREAKING NEWS: Fatal car smash causing huge delays in M25
A FATAL car smash on the M25 between Upminster and Lakeside at 5.40am today (October 15) has caused huge tailbacks on the clockwise lane.
One person is thought to have died and another is in a critical condition at Queen’s Hospital, in Rom Valley Way, Romford, in the smash between junction 29 and 30.
A third victim is seriously ill in Basildon University Hospital, in Essex.
The Highways Agency is currently turning round vehicles stuck behind the crash, including a high number of heavy goods lorries
The road will remain closed for a “considerable time”, police said, as officers deal with the scene
You may also want to watch:
There are also delays on the anticlockwise carriageway as people slow down by the crash.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 6 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 9 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 10 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers