BREAKING NEWS: Daggers striker John Akinde sent back to Bristol City after recurrence of injury
Forward returns to Ashton Gate for treatment on groin injury
Dagenham & Redbridge loanee John Akinde has returned to Bristol City for treatment after a recurrence of a groin injury.
The striker, who arrived at Victoria Road two weeks ago on loan until the end of the season, missed the game against MK Dons last weekend, but was expected to be available for selection soon after.
However, in his first training session for the club, he felt pain in both groins and he has since gone back to Bristol to be treated by his parent club’s medical staff.
Both clubs are awaiting results of further tests, before making a decision about his future.
You may also want to watch:
Read the full story, as well as an update on the condition of Josh Scott, in tomorrow’s Barking & Dagenham Post.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder