BREAKING NEWS: Daggers striker John Akinde sent back to Bristol City after recurrence of injury
Forward returns to Ashton Gate for treatment on groin injury
Dagenham & Redbridge loanee John Akinde has returned to Bristol City for treatment after a recurrence of a groin injury.
The striker, who arrived at Victoria Road two weeks ago on loan until the end of the season, missed the game against MK Dons last weekend, but was expected to be available for selection soon after.
However, in his first training session for the club, he felt pain in both groins and he has since gone back to Bristol to be treated by his parent club’s medical staff.
Both clubs are awaiting results of further tests, before making a decision about his future.
You may also want to watch:
Read the full story, as well as an update on the condition of Josh Scott, in tomorrow’s Barking & Dagenham Post.
- 1 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 2 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 3 Election 2021: Live Havering and Redbridge London Assembly updates
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 6 Heritage: The life of Havering's well-loved Peter the Painter
- 7 Romford woman through to Ms Great Britain 2021 final
- 8 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 The Romfood Review: A bit of the East End in Essex