BREAKING NEWS: Dagenham & Redbridge swoop for Bristol City striker Akinde
Young forward signs on loan until the end of the season
Dagenham & Redbridge have signed Bristol City striker John Akinde on loan for the rest of the season.
Akinde joined the Ashton Gate club from Ebbsfleet in August 2008 for �140,000 after coming through their youth system.
He scored ten goals in 28 league appearances for the Kent side and also won an FA Trophy winners medal.
Akinde scored on his debut for Bristol City in a 2-2 draw against Plymouth Argyle. Since then he has had loan spells at Wycombe Wanderers (twice), Brentford and Bristol Rovers.
You may also want to watch:
He played against the Daggers earlier in the season for the latter in a 3-0 win for the Pirates.
More to follow.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people