BREAKING NEWS: Dagenham & Redbridge swoop for Bristol City striker Akinde
Young forward signs on loan until the end of the season
Dagenham & Redbridge have signed Bristol City striker John Akinde on loan for the rest of the season.
Akinde joined the Ashton Gate club from Ebbsfleet in August 2008 for �140,000 after coming through their youth system.
He scored ten goals in 28 league appearances for the Kent side and also won an FA Trophy winners medal.
Akinde scored on his debut for Bristol City in a 2-2 draw against Plymouth Argyle. Since then he has had loan spells at Wycombe Wanderers (twice), Brentford and Bristol Rovers.
You may also want to watch:
He played against the Daggers earlier in the season for the latter in a 3-0 win for the Pirates.
More to follow.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 9 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years