BREAKING NEWS: Body recovered from Romford lake
THE body of man has been found in a Romford park this afternoon (Tuesday November 16)
The 60-year-old, who was dressed all in black, was spotted floating in Raphael Park lake by a passer-by at around 1.30pm.
A police spokesman said: “The body was recovered with support of [Havering Council] parks officers, fire crews and the marine support unit.”
The death is not being treated as suspicious, she added.
Four fire teams from Hornchurch, Harold Hill, and Dagenham, and a specilaist fire rescure unit from East Ham, were involved in the recovery, a London Fire Brigade spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
A Council spokesman said: “A body was discovered in a secluded part of the lake at Raphael Park by a member of the public who called the emergency services. We will be assisting the police in any way we can with their investigation.”
The man’s identity will be released once next-of-kin has been informed.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 5 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 6 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 7 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 8 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 9 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital