BREAKING NEWS: Body recovered from Romford lake
THE body of man has been found in a Romford park this afternoon (Tuesday November 16)
The 60-year-old, who was dressed all in black, was spotted floating in Raphael Park lake by a passer-by at around 1.30pm.
A police spokesman said: “The body was recovered with support of [Havering Council] parks officers, fire crews and the marine support unit.”
The death is not being treated as suspicious, she added.
Four fire teams from Hornchurch, Harold Hill, and Dagenham, and a specilaist fire rescure unit from East Ham, were involved in the recovery, a London Fire Brigade spokesman said.
A Council spokesman said: “A body was discovered in a secluded part of the lake at Raphael Park by a member of the public who called the emergency services. We will be assisting the police in any way we can with their investigation.”
The man’s identity will be released once next-of-kin has been informed.
- 1 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 2 Heritage: How Gallows Corner got its sinister name
- 3 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 4 Hanukkah 2021: Five ways to celebrate in east London
- 5 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 6 How The Apprentice's Thomas Skinner pivoted his business to weather Covid
- 7 Restrictions tightened as Omicron detected in Brentwood
- 8 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 9 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 10 Free parking to 'boost Havering's high streets' for Christmas season