BREAKING NEWS: Body recovered from Romford lake
THE body of man has been found in a Romford park this afternoon (Tuesday November 16)
The 60-year-old, who was dressed all in black, was spotted floating in Raphael Park lake by a passer-by at around 1.30pm.
A police spokesman said: “The body was recovered with support of [Havering Council] parks officers, fire crews and the marine support unit.”
The death is not being treated as suspicious, she added.
Four fire teams from Hornchurch, Harold Hill, and Dagenham, and a specilaist fire rescure unit from East Ham, were involved in the recovery, a London Fire Brigade spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
A Council spokesman said: “A body was discovered in a secluded part of the lake at Raphael Park by a member of the public who called the emergency services. We will be assisting the police in any way we can with their investigation.”
The man’s identity will be released once next-of-kin has been informed.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 6 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 7 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 9 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend