Man stabbed in Nando’s at The Brewery Shopping Centre, Romford
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man has been stabbed in Nando’s restaurant at The Brewery Shopping Centre.
Police were called at 4.50pm today and arrested one man at the scene.
The victim was taken to hospital by air ambulance and the shopping centre has been shut and cordoned off by police.
Jessie Benchrifa, 29, of Hood Road, Rainham, saw the victim propped up against a photobooth.
“He looked like just a kid,” she said. “He was black, wearing a white T-shirt, and blue jeans.
You may also want to watch:
“It was awful, especially at that time in the afternoon. He was laying there unconscious, he wasn’t awake or talking to anyone.
“There was a girl next to him trying to talk to him and there were lots of paramedics there and blood on his shirt.”
- 1 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 2 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 3 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 4 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 5 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 6 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 9 Harold Hill man to be sentenced for ATM robberies
- 10 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
Air ambulance crews landed on top of the centre’s car park before treating the victim.
@RobynWallace_ posted on Twitter that she saw the victim lying on the floor: “Boy laying stabbed in the Brewery in Romford. So so scary that it even happens in broad daylight. Hope he’s ok.”