Boro better for boss
Martin pleased with progress
BORO produced the improved display manager Paul Martin was looking for to beat Waltham Forest 2-0 in the FA Trophy.
And their reward in Monday’s draw was a trip to Southern League outfit AFC Totton.
Martin said: “It was nothing spectacular. We changed our formation, going 4-3-3, and we got it right.
“It was comfortable in the end, but it should’ve been 4-0 or 5-0.
You may also want to watch:
“The bonus is the prize money (�2,200). It’s much-needed at the club and we’ve fallen early before.
“Totton are in an equivalent league to us and on paper it looks like we’re not too far away, so I think we’ve got a chance.”
- 1 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 2 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 4 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 5 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 6 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 7 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 8 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 9 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 10 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids