Boro better for boss
Martin pleased with progress
BORO produced the improved display manager Paul Martin was looking for to beat Waltham Forest 2-0 in the FA Trophy.
And their reward in Monday’s draw was a trip to Southern League outfit AFC Totton.
Martin said: “It was nothing spectacular. We changed our formation, going 4-3-3, and we got it right.
“It was comfortable in the end, but it should’ve been 4-0 or 5-0.
You may also want to watch:
“The bonus is the prize money (�2,200). It’s much-needed at the club and we’ve fallen early before.
“Totton are in an equivalent league to us and on paper it looks like we’re not too far away, so I think we’ve got a chance.”
- 1 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 2 Brentwood church rave: More than 130 images released in appeal
- 3 Romford cinemas announce reopening plans after lockdown
- 4 Woman dies after 'falling from height' by Liberty Shopping Centre
- 5 Former Lakeside Hammers co-promoter Jon Cook passes away
- 6 New Romford author speaks out about feeling 'invisible' as a black father
- 7 Hornchurch tie down manager Stimson with new two-year contract
- 8 Horses die after Upminster stables blaze
- 9 What is changing as lockdown eases on May 17?
- 10 London elections: Havering and Redbridge candidates make case for your vote