Boro battle to point
Stalemate with Swifts
ROMFORD battled to a hard-earned Ryman One North point in a 0-0 draw with high-flying Heybridge last night.
Boro had the first chance of note when Abs Seymour flashed a shot wide, but it took a one-handed save from Adam Rafis to deny Ricky Griggs.
Rafis also thwarted Swifts skipper Danny Barber, but Joe Pearman was just off-target at the other end, under pressure from Chris Thomas.
The hosts had a let-off four minutes before the break when Reece Morgan’s 20-yard effort came back off a post.
You may also want to watch:
And they came under increasing pressure after the restart, with Rafis saving from Morgan and Chris Bryan.
Ollie Morris-Sanders saved at his near post to keep out a Danny Rafis volley as Boro rallied in the closing quarter of an hour.
- 1 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 2 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 3 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 4 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 5 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 8 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 9 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
Bryan’s shot was kept out by the foot of Adam Rafis, before Danny Rafis saw his header cleared, after Morris-Sanders misjudged a deep cross.
Rafis went close again, when his header flew across the face of goal from a late corner, but a point helped Paul Martin’s move up one place to seventh.