Boro battle to point
Stalemate with Swifts
ROMFORD battled to a hard-earned Ryman One North point in a 0-0 draw with high-flying Heybridge last night.
Boro had the first chance of note when Abs Seymour flashed a shot wide, but it took a one-handed save from Adam Rafis to deny Ricky Griggs.
Rafis also thwarted Swifts skipper Danny Barber, but Joe Pearman was just off-target at the other end, under pressure from Chris Thomas.
The hosts had a let-off four minutes before the break when Reece Morgan’s 20-yard effort came back off a post.
You may also want to watch:
And they came under increasing pressure after the restart, with Rafis saving from Morgan and Chris Bryan.
Ollie Morris-Sanders saved at his near post to keep out a Danny Rafis volley as Boro rallied in the closing quarter of an hour.
- 1 Former Lakeside Hammers co-promoter Jon Cook passes away
- 2 New Romford author speaks out about feeling 'invisible' as a black father
- 3 Hornchurch tie down manager Stimson with new two-year contract
- 4 Horses die after Upminster stables blaze
- 5 What is changing as lockdown eases on May 17?
- 6 London elections: Havering and Redbridge candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 8 Brentwood church rave: More than 130 images released in appeal
- 9 Romford cinemas announce reopening plans after lockdown
- 10 Woman dies after 'falling from height' by Liberty Shopping Centre
Bryan’s shot was kept out by the foot of Adam Rafis, before Danny Rafis saw his header cleared, after Morris-Sanders misjudged a deep cross.
Rafis went close again, when his header flew across the face of goal from a late corner, but a point helped Paul Martin’s move up one place to seventh.