Boro battle to point
Stalemate with Swifts
ROMFORD battled to a hard-earned Ryman One North point in a 0-0 draw with high-flying Heybridge last night.
Boro had the first chance of note when Abs Seymour flashed a shot wide, but it took a one-handed save from Adam Rafis to deny Ricky Griggs.
Rafis also thwarted Swifts skipper Danny Barber, but Joe Pearman was just off-target at the other end, under pressure from Chris Thomas.
The hosts had a let-off four minutes before the break when Reece Morgan’s 20-yard effort came back off a post.
You may also want to watch:
And they came under increasing pressure after the restart, with Rafis saving from Morgan and Chris Bryan.
Ollie Morris-Sanders saved at his near post to keep out a Danny Rafis volley as Boro rallied in the closing quarter of an hour.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
Bryan’s shot was kept out by the foot of Adam Rafis, before Danny Rafis saw his header cleared, after Morris-Sanders misjudged a deep cross.
Rafis went close again, when his header flew across the face of goal from a late corner, but a point helped Paul Martin’s move up one place to seventh.