Boro battle to point
Stalemate with Swifts
ROMFORD battled to a hard-earned Ryman One North point in a 0-0 draw with high-flying Heybridge last night.
Boro had the first chance of note when Abs Seymour flashed a shot wide, but it took a one-handed save from Adam Rafis to deny Ricky Griggs.
Rafis also thwarted Swifts skipper Danny Barber, but Joe Pearman was just off-target at the other end, under pressure from Chris Thomas.
The hosts had a let-off four minutes before the break when Reece Morgan’s 20-yard effort came back off a post.
You may also want to watch:
And they came under increasing pressure after the restart, with Rafis saving from Morgan and Chris Bryan.
Ollie Morris-Sanders saved at his near post to keep out a Danny Rafis volley as Boro rallied in the closing quarter of an hour.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 6 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 7 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 8 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
Bryan’s shot was kept out by the foot of Adam Rafis, before Danny Rafis saw his header cleared, after Morris-Sanders misjudged a deep cross.
Rafis went close again, when his header flew across the face of goal from a late corner, but a point helped Paul Martin’s move up one place to seventh.