Bond returns to Watford
Goalkeeper ends his loan spell with Dagenham & Redbridge
Watford have recalled goalkeeper Jonathan Bond from his loan spell with Dagenham & Redbridge.
Bond joined the League Two side when regular number one Chris Lewington served a two-match suspension last month and the 18-year-old went on to make five appearances – keeping two clean sheets.
The Welsh under-19 international was due to return to Vicarage Road on Sunday, but Watford have activated a clause in the loan agreement to recall Bond after 28 days.
Daggers boss John Still said: “Jonathan Bond came in when we had the problem with Chris Lewington’s suspension and he came in for a month with the likelihood being that he’d return after that month.
You may also want to watch:
“So I’d like to thank Jonathan for his contribution, he did really well for us at a difficult time and we wish him the best of luck for the future.”
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 East London police officer charged with rape
- 6 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 7 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 8 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 9 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 10 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van