‘Bogey’ side hit Hornchurch
Urchins upset at home again
Ryman Premier Division
Hornchurch 0 Hendon 1
Elliott Godfrey’s first-half goal was enough for Hendon to send Hornchurch to another home defeat last night.
Godfrey struck in the 23rd-minute to seal the points at Bridge Avenue and bring Urchins quickly back to Earth after their FA Trophy exploits at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Jimmy McFarlane made only one change to the side which had run out emphatic 5-0 winners over Conference South strugglers Thurrock, bringing Frankie Curley in for Tambeson Eyong following his one-game suspension.
But they saw their nine-game unbeaten run come to an end as they suffered a fourth home loss in the league.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 6 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 7 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 8 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 9 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 10 Inadequate-graded Rainham care home reported to CQC by own staff
Hornchurch will host Farnborough in the next round of the FA Trophy on December 10, after they beat Bury 2-0 in extra time last night.
But before that they go back on the road, with a trip to lowly Leatherhead on Saturday and an Essex Senior Cup tie at League One side Colchester next Tuesday.
Lee Hodges’ Aveley were victims of an Essex Senior Cup ‘giantkilling’ last night.
Millers fell 2-0 behind against Essex Senior League high-flyers Witham, who went into the tie on the back of a 9-0 thrashing of London APSA at the weekend.
Daniel Harris replied with his fifth goal of the season, but it was not enough to avert a 2-1 defeat.