Body beautiful: How to reduce the appearance of cellulite
- Credit: PA
The more attention you pay to your skin, the more supple it is.
Regular massage can even help diminish those cellulite dimples that just don’t seem to shift - kneading the skin helps increase circulation, which lessens the lumps.
Karen Bevan-Brown, Liz Earle treatments expert, recommends following this five-step toning massage, using a product like Liz Earle’s Energising Hip and Thigh Gel (£17.75, uk.lizearle.com), to help reduce the dreaded orange-peel effect.
- Apply your body cream or gel with firm sweeping movements, using alternate hands from knees to hips, making sure to cover all the problem areas.
- Finish by sweeping towards your groin area to help encourage lymphatic drainage.
You may also want to watch:
- Using your fingertips, perform circular movements, concentrating on areas that feel sluggish.
- Follow with a slightly deeper massage technique. Clench your fists and use your knuckles to perform circular upward and outward movements - this is great for the hips, thighs and bottom.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- Finish by using alternate clenched fists to lightly pound the outer thighs. This helps to stimulate the area and break down any build-up of waste.