Big Trophy date for Romford
Our guide to weekend’s fixtures
Romford v Thurrock
Tenants host landlords at Ship Lane as Boro go up against Fleet.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Martin’s men missed out on any FA Cup prize money this season, slumping to a 4-1 home defeat against Waltham Forest at the first hurdle.
But they banked �2,300 after beating Dulwich in the preliminary round of this competition and could add another �2,550 to club coffers if they are victorious again this weekend.
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 4 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 5 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 6 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 7 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
They go into the tie on the back of a 2-2 draw at Ryman Division One North rivals Needham Market, where Lewis Francis kept his nerve to convert an injury-time penalty to go with an earlier strike.
But Mark Stimson’s Fleet are also on a high, having won 2-1 at Horsham in the FA Cup to earn a trip to Conference South side Welling next month.
Hornchurch v Farnborough
Urchins are in need of a pick-me-up after their FA Cup exit at Billericay last weekend.
Jimmy McFarlane’s men went into the Essex derby on the back of good Conference South wins over Basingstoke and Dorchester, only to come away beatn by a 3-1 margin.
Lewis Smith’s fourth goal of the season was little consolation for Urchins, but they should approach this match with confidence as Farnborough arrive on the back of a four-game losing skid.