Big-hearted Amy from Rainham aims to aid hospice with river boat ball
A Rainham nurse is organising a glittering event in aid of an Essex hospice.
Amy Dangerfield, 24, of Abbey Wood Lane, works in the intensive care unit at Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone and is used to caring for critically ill people.
She said her experiences in the unit had inspired her to do something positive for Little Havens Hospice, in Thundersley, Essex.
The Little Havens Masquerade Ball will take place on the Tereza Joanne river boat, which is moored at the King George V Dock in the Docklands on Saturday, May 12.
Amy said: “I’m very aware of the amazing care and support that Little Havens gives to life-limited children and their families.
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted to do something special for the charity and give people the chance to dress up and enjoy a great night out at the same time.I’d love to see the boat full for what promises to be a wonderful evening of entertainment and raise as much as possible for such a fantastic local charity.”
The evening’s entertainment will include champagne and canap�s for guests on arrival, a hot buffet, chocolate fountain and dancing to a live band and DJ.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 5 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 6 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 7 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
Tickets are �40 and guests will have the chance to win one of a range of prizes.
For more information call Amy on 07568 075187 or email email@example.com