Best foot forward for Romford fundraising event
A ROMFORD line dance club has helped raise more than �1,000 for a brave youngster battling a brain tumour.
The Hills ‘n Toes club got their groove on to help raise vital funds for eight-year-old Alex Field, who was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour earlier this year.
More than 70 people turned up for the special fundraising event, held at the Romford United Services and Social Club in Mawney Road, to help raise �1,020 towards costly medical treatment in the U.S.
Alex’s family, from Collier Row, now hope to raise �300,000 for cutting-edge treatment in the U.S.
Fundraiser Hillary Kurt-Webster said: “The generosity of their lovely friends who supported the evening was amazing - including that of those who kindly donated cash and raffle prizes even though they were unable to attend.
You may also want to watch:
“All raffle prizes were donated, as were generous auction items kindly provided by Tesco, Provident, Lakeside Shopping Centre and Candlelight. The evening was also attended by members of Alex’s family and representatives from the police and ambulance services, who line danced for the first time.”
To donate, visit: www.alexfieldfund.org
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 4 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 5 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 6 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 9 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines