Baudry joins Dagenham & Redbridge
Mathieu Baudry joins on loan from Bournemouth
Dagenham & Redbridge have swooped to sign Mathieu Baudry on a five-week loan from Bournemouth.
The 24-year-old comes in to provide competition in the centre of defence, with Mark Arber currently struggling with a shoulder injury and Scott Doe doubtful for tomorrow night’s crucial game with Northampton Town due to illness.
Manager John Still said: “He’s a centre-half and we have no competition at the moment in that area.
“We have Mickey Spillane and Mark Arber playing there. Mark’s had a problem with his shoulder and Doey (Scott Doe) is ill, so we’ve brought Mathieu Baudry in.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s a strong competitor, which is something we need.”
The Frenchman has struggled to make an impact at Dean Court this season, with the last of his seven league appearances coming back in September.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 7 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 8 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Harold Wood protest against proposed Gallows Corner homes
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
But Baudry will hope to hit the ground running if selcted against Northampton Town and will remain at Victoria Road until April 14.