Barry is best for Romford boss
Martin hails double award winner
Romford manager Paul Martin felt Jack Barry was a deserved winner of his two awards for the 2011/12 season.
But he is worried the recognition will alert bigger clubs to talents of the all-rounder.
Barry got the vote of Martin and his Boro teammates to win the Managers and Players Player of the Year prizes.
But Martin said: “The hardest thing now is keeping him.
You may also want to watch:
“In all fairness, we had two really consistent players, Jack and Kurt (Smith).
“Jack is only a young lad who has come into Ryman League football from the Eastern Junior Alliance and only had his second full season.
- 1 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 2 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 3 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 4 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 5 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 8 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 9 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 10 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
“He was absolutely solid, scoring 13 goals from centre-half and midfield. He’s a very good utility player but if bigger clubs come in for players, we’ve got to let them go.
“I would never stand in anyone’s way, but whoever we give our trophies to, we lose the next season!”