Barry is best for Romford boss
Martin hails double award winner
Romford manager Paul Martin felt Jack Barry was a deserved winner of his two awards for the 2011/12 season.
But he is worried the recognition will alert bigger clubs to talents of the all-rounder.
Barry got the vote of Martin and his Boro teammates to win the Managers and Players Player of the Year prizes.
But Martin said: “The hardest thing now is keeping him.
You may also want to watch:
“In all fairness, we had two really consistent players, Jack and Kurt (Smith).
“Jack is only a young lad who has come into Ryman League football from the Eastern Junior Alliance and only had his second full season.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 8 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 9 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 10 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
“He was absolutely solid, scoring 13 goals from centre-half and midfield. He’s a very good utility player but if bigger clubs come in for players, we’ve got to let them go.
“I would never stand in anyone’s way, but whoever we give our trophies to, we lose the next season!”