Lost Dagenham parrot found miles away in Romford
- Credit: Debbie Gifford Lynch
A parrot who went missing from Dagenham two days ago has been found in Romford.
Debbie Gifford Lynch, who lives in Dagenham East, appealed for help to find Barney in the Barking and Dagenham Post after he flew away on Sunday (July 4) as she took out the rubbish.
She was delighted to receive a Facebook message from a woman in her neighbouring borough of Havering, who had found her beloved pet.
Debbie explained: "She sent me a picture of the parrot she had found on her windowsill, and I knew straight away it was Barney.
"I went over to get him, and Barney immediately jumped straight on my shoulder.
"I'm so relieved, as I really never thought I'd see him again."
You may also want to watch:
The Dagenham woman put Barney into his carry case for the journey home, and said he stayed on her shoulder all evening.
"I'm so grateful to the kind lady who took him in," she added.
- 1 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 2 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 3 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 4 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 5 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 6 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 7 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 8 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 9 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 10 Harold Hill man to be sentenced for ATM robberies
"I'm going to go around there and give her a box of chocolates to thank her."
The two-year-old parrot enjoys wolf whistling and asking people "what you doing?".