Hornchurch and Romford win on road
Hornchurch and Romford recorded impressive away wins in their respective Ryman League outings at the weekend.
Martin Tuohy netted either side of the break at Bury, as Urchins – with new signing Dave Collis making his debut after a move from Billericay – recorded a 3-1 Premier Division win.
Rickie Hayles was also on target for Jimmy McFarlane’s men, before Bury found a way past the returning Darren Behcet for a late consolation.
Romford, meanwhile, claimed the Division One North points at Ware, thanks to a debut brace from Alex Read.
You may also want to watch:
Boro had been beaten in controversial circumstances at Wodson Park last season, but new signing Read struck twice in quick succession in the second half to seal a 2-0 victory, as Ware were left to curse the woodwork.
Both sides are in action tomorrow night, with Hornchurch visiting Hastings, while Romford entertain Grays at Mill Field.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 3 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 8 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 9 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars