Hornchurch and Romford win on road
Hornchurch and Romford recorded impressive away wins in their respective Ryman League outings at the weekend.
Martin Tuohy netted either side of the break at Bury, as Urchins – with new signing Dave Collis making his debut after a move from Billericay – recorded a 3-1 Premier Division win.
Rickie Hayles was also on target for Jimmy McFarlane’s men, before Bury found a way past the returning Darren Behcet for a late consolation.
Romford, meanwhile, claimed the Division One North points at Ware, thanks to a debut brace from Alex Read.
You may also want to watch:
Boro had been beaten in controversial circumstances at Wodson Park last season, but new signing Read struck twice in quick succession in the second half to seal a 2-0 victory, as Ware were left to curse the woodwork.
Both sides are in action tomorrow night, with Hornchurch visiting Hastings, while Romford entertain Grays at Mill Field.
- 1 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 2 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 3 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 6 Sewage floods home of family with one-day-old newborn after heavy rain
- 7 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Drains in area repeatedly flooded to be next inspected during bad weather
- 10 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack