Hornchurch and Romford win on road
Hornchurch and Romford recorded impressive away wins in their respective Ryman League outings at the weekend.
Martin Tuohy netted either side of the break at Bury, as Urchins – with new signing Dave Collis making his debut after a move from Billericay – recorded a 3-1 Premier Division win.
Rickie Hayles was also on target for Jimmy McFarlane’s men, before Bury found a way past the returning Darren Behcet for a late consolation.
Romford, meanwhile, claimed the Division One North points at Ware, thanks to a debut brace from Alex Read.
You may also want to watch:
Boro had been beaten in controversial circumstances at Wodson Park last season, but new signing Read struck twice in quick succession in the second half to seal a 2-0 victory, as Ware were left to curse the woodwork.
Both sides are in action tomorrow night, with Hornchurch visiting Hastings, while Romford entertain Grays at Mill Field.
- 1 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 4 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 5 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 6 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 7 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 8 Men fined following New Year's Eve rave in Brentwood
- 9 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 10 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub