Artists showcase their work at Hornchurch theatre
Some of Havering’s best artists had the chance to show off their skills at the Queen’s Theatre.
Havering Contemporary Women Artists displayed their work at the Cafe Gallery at the theatre in Billet Lane, Hornchurch from Monday May 28 to Sunday June 10.
The exhibition featured a wide range of styles and topical subjects including the Olympics and the Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Artist Jessica Watson, who displayed her work in the exhibition said: “The cafe is a fantastic venue to leisurely enjoy the work, with great light and a feeling of space giving the perfect backdrop to the paintings.”
The group, which consists of artists from East London and Essex, formed by a group of friends.
You may also want to watch:
They display their work in Havering and in venues in Essex.
For more information about the group visit www.hcwomenartists.yolasite.com
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards