Armed robber strikes for third time in a week in Havering
An armed robber has struck for a third time this week in Havering, police believe.
Staff at Tesco, Bridge Road, Rainham, were held up at knifepoint, at around 7.55pm yesterday by the baseball cap-wearing thug.
He demanded cash from the till and threatened workers with a blade.
It is thought the same man also targeted Britcrown Pharmacy in Upminster Road, Hornchurch; and Lloyds Pharmacy in Tadworth Parade, in Elm Park, on Monday (April 30) and Tuesday (May 1).
The man is described as white, 6ft tall with dark receding hair and of stocky build. He was wearing a black jacket, dark trousers with a light stripe.
You may also want to watch:
During the Tesco raid, he was also wearing a black cap with a distinctive logo.
Det Insp Chris Krelle, of Romford CID, said: “This is the third robbery we have had reported this week with a very similar description. If any members of the public see this male please call 999 immediately. If you know the male in this picture - or recognise the clothing or logo - again please contact us. “
- 1 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 2 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 7 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 8 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 9 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 10 Havering Hospitality Hero: Hornchurch's Tandoori Lounge racks up awards
You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.