Armed police arrest person ‘acting suspiciously’ in Collier Row on suspicion of drugs offences
- Credit: Archant
Armed police swooped on a group acting suspiciously outside a house in Collier Row yesterday (Tuesday, January 29) and arrested one on suspicion of drugs offences.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman confirmed officers were called to Hulse Avenue at 2.20pm to reports of “a group of men acting suspiciously outside a residential address”.
Officers attended and detained four people. No further details on their ages or identities have been released.
One person was arrested on suspicion of drugs offences.
He has been taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Photographs from the scene show armed police officers taking cover behind parked cars along the pavement while the arrests were made.
The Met have since confirmed armed officers were sent after police officers “believed they saw a firearm inside the property”.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 7 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 8 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 9 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
This was later found to be a toy.