Are you holding a Jubilee street party in Havering? Contact us!
Are you holding a street party to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee?
The Recorder wants to hear from people who will be marking the monarch’s 60 years on the throne with a special community event.
On the Bank Holiday weekend of June 2 to June 5, Havering will be joining the rest of the country in putting up the red, white and blue bunting.
Ninety-two residents have applied to hold street parties. They had until Tuesday, May 1 to get their requests in to Havering Council.
Letters from the council will be sent out in the next few days confirming whether they have been successful in their applications.
You may also want to watch:
Road closures are also due to take place during the four days.
Havering is not the only borough that will be rolling out the red carpet to mark the milestone.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
A survey conducted exactly a month before the Diamond Jubilee found that Wandsworth is the borough that will be having the most street parties.
One hundred and sixty-four parties are set to take place in the borough over the weekend.
People will also be partying in Richmond, which came close behind Wandsworth with 163 parties.
The borough with the least number of street parties is Barking and Dagenham, with just five street parties confirmed.
If you are holding a street party, the Recorder would love to hear from you.
n Call the Romford Recorder newsdesk on 0208 477 3988.