Archant London’s Business Awards winners 2010 are revealed
THE winners of the 2010 Archant London Business Awards were unveiled tonight at a ceremony in the capital.
A wide range of businesses, and the people who work for them, triumphed at the awards which seeks to recognise significant achievements in such categories as innovation, customer services and marketing.
Hundreds of people gathered for the event at the Planit Embankment Gardens where proceedings got under way with a keynote speech from Anthony Browne, the policy director for economic development for London Mayor Boris Johnson.
Entertainment was provided by former X Factor winner Steve Brookstein and girlband Lola.
The big winner of the night was Gift Republic, which was awarded the Business of the Year title.
The Online Business of the Year award was given to Lords of Notting Hill while the Best London Regeneration Project title was scooped by Skip Garden by Global Generation.
Thornton’s Budgens Ltd, a store based in Belsize Park and Crouch End, received the accolade for Green Business of the Year.
- 1 Man dumps knife amid Hornchurch police chase
- 2 Havering drivers pay more than £12m in traffic fines in less than a decade
- 3 Romford accountant pleads guilty to 'calculated' £160k tax fraud
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 ‘Every second there was less tree’: Historical oak trees along railway cut back
- 6 Plans submitted for 35,000sqm of commercial floorspace in first phase of Rainham industrial estate redevelopment
- 7 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 8 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 'So proud': Romford pupils achieve top grades in LAMDA exams
- 10 Taco Bell asks permission to open at ex-Thomas Cook site in Hornchurch
The Community Involvement award was presented to West & Coe, and Best Social Enterprise was won by Bikeworks.
Purelygadgets Ltd received the Marketing Award of the Year while that all-important Customer Service Award was won by A Suit That Fits.
The Business Innovation Award was given to Medikidz Ltd and the Growth Strategy of the Year was awarded to Just Washroom Services Ltd.
In the individual categories, Laura Johnson from BT collected the 2010 Apprentice Award and the Entrepreneur of the Year was Krista Brown of Personal HR Ltd.