Archant London’s Business Awards winners 2010 are revealed
THE winners of the 2010 Archant London Business Awards were unveiled tonight at a ceremony in the capital.
A wide range of businesses, and the people who work for them, triumphed at the awards which seeks to recognise significant achievements in such categories as innovation, customer services and marketing.
Hundreds of people gathered for the event at the Planit Embankment Gardens where proceedings got under way with a keynote speech from Anthony Browne, the policy director for economic development for London Mayor Boris Johnson.
Entertainment was provided by former X Factor winner Steve Brookstein and girlband Lola.
The big winner of the night was Gift Republic, which was awarded the Business of the Year title.
You may also want to watch:
The Online Business of the Year award was given to Lords of Notting Hill while the Best London Regeneration Project title was scooped by Skip Garden by Global Generation.
Thornton’s Budgens Ltd, a store based in Belsize Park and Crouch End, received the accolade for Green Business of the Year.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 9 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
The Community Involvement award was presented to West & Coe, and Best Social Enterprise was won by Bikeworks.
Purelygadgets Ltd received the Marketing Award of the Year while that all-important Customer Service Award was won by A Suit That Fits.
The Business Innovation Award was given to Medikidz Ltd and the Growth Strategy of the Year was awarded to Just Washroom Services Ltd.
In the individual categories, Laura Johnson from BT collected the 2010 Apprentice Award and the Entrepreneur of the Year was Krista Brown of Personal HR Ltd.