Appeal for owner of Hornchurch alley cat
Hornchurch Cats’ Protection League is searching for the owner of a beautiful white cat found living in an alley.
Charity workers feared the cat was at risk of skin cancer after being exposed to the sunshine and took him in on Sunday May 27.
The cat, nicknamed Flame, was found sleeping at the base of a tree in an alley off Cheviot Road, Hornchurch.
Nearby residents had been feeding him for three weeks but alerted the Cats’ Protection League when they saw him getting thinner.
Flame was also found with dirt and brambles in his fur and scratches on his face.
You may also want to watch:
Charity worker Alison Gambles said: “He could have been an indoor cat and escaped or maybe he had an elderly owner who died.
“He will only eat if I sit with him and he’s so gentle. He taps my leg for attention and loves being stroked.
- 1 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 2 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 7 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 10 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
“He’s just a smashing cat. I hope the owner comes forward.”
Flame has long white fur and yellow eyes. He was wearing a collar.
The cat will be looked after at the Cats’ Protection League in Hornchurch for a month, but if an owner has not come forward by then he will be re-homed.
Anyone with any information can call 01708 755211.