Hornchurch gym sees 'growing trend' of members post-lockdown
- Credit: Anytime Fitness Hornchurch
A Hornchurch gym has welcomed over 500 new members since reopening in April.
Health and wellness club Anytime Fitness Hornchurch said it has enjoyed a "fantastic" first three months of trading since reopening on April 12, welcoming hundreds of new members through their doors.
The 24-hour club, located on the site of the former McDonald’s on Hornchurch High Street, was open for just a matter of weeks before the first lockdown was announced in March 2020, and closed three further times due to lockdown restrictions.
However, the gym has seen a "growing trend of people in the local community grasping the opportunity to take control of their own health".
Owner Mitul Shah said: “It’s been a roller coaster of a journey since opening in February 2020, we are grateful for the support our members have shown us during the various lockdowns.
You may also want to watch:
"It is a great feeling to be open again and we’re delighted to have welcomed so many new and returning faces to the club.”
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 3 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 5 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 6 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 7 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 8 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 9 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 10 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens