Another fire breaks out in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have been called to tackle a blaze that has broken out this afternoon.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters were called at 4.25pm to a scrapyard in Salamons Way, Rainham, to reports of a fire.
Around a quarter of the yard, which contains four portable cabins and 30 cars, are alight.
A spokeswoman said: “Fire crews from Wennington, Dagenham, Ilford, Barking and Hornchurch fire stations are at the scene.”
This is the second blaze that has broken out in the area in the space of a week.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday, June 26, officers were called to Ferry Lane, Rainham, to tackle a fire at a car storage yard.
The cause of latest fire is not known at this stage.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 7 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 8 Romford man gets community order for causing pensioner's crash death
- 9 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 10 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns