And this year’s winner of Summer of Sound is...Ankita Goswami
- Credit: Archant
The winner of Mercury Mall’s Summer of Sound was revealed on Saturday.
Ankita Goswami, 15, of Barkingside, was over the moon when she was crowned the champion at the final of the singing competition.
She will follow in the foot steps of last year’s winner Lucy Lombard who has performed at the Havering Show, Romford’s Christmas light switch on and the Royal Albert Hall.
Second place was awarded to 14-year-old Bukki Oranti, from Upminster.
Ankita said: “I feel very happy of winning the Summer of Sound 2016 competition.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t have any words to express my happiness.
“I would like to thank all the people who voted for me, I am really grateful to them. As I want to sing in my career, winning this competition has given me confidence and I am looking to participate in The Voice and Britain’s Got Talent as well.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 9 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 10 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
“My dream is to be a singer and my journey has begun so stay with me and keep blessing me.”