Allardyce: ‘Sammy Lee will not be coming to West Ham’
New West Ham boss Sam Allardyce has confirmed that he will not be teaming up with his former coach Sammy Lee at Upton Park.
Former Liverpool coach Sammy Lee, who left Anfield last week, will not be joining Sam Allardyce at West Ham United.
The new Hammers boss had been tipped to swoop for the coach, who he had worked alongside at Bolton Wanderers, but Allardyce confirmed to the Recorder today (Tuesday) that he will not be coming to Upton Park.
“We are looking to bring in one more coach, but it will not be Sammy,” confirmed the West Ham manager, who lost Kevin Keen to Liverpool on Monday.
“Sammy is a first-team coach, but I have Neil McDonald and Wally Downes here already, and the only place I need to fill is that of someone to link the Academy and developing players to the first-team squad.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking at people at the moment and hopefully we will have someone in place in time for the trip to Switzerland at the end of the week.”
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 7 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August