Aldershot striker set for Daggers move
Marvin Morgan linked with a loan move to Victoria Road.
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have been linked with Aldershot’s Marvin Morgan as manager John Still’s first signing of the January transfer window.
The 27-year-old, who has netted five times for the ‘Shots this season, made the headlines for all the wrong reasons earlier this week after comments made on social networking site Twitter.
Morgan was unhappy after being booed by sections of the Aldershot crowd during Monday’s 2-1 defeat to struggling Hereford and was fined two week’s wages by the club and placed on the transfer list.
Northampton Town are also rumoured to be interested in the burly forward, but it is thought that the Daggers are in the driving seat to poach Morgan on loan with a view to a permanent move, with his contract at the Recreation Ground set to expire at the end of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile striker Phil Walsh has joined Cheltenham Town on a month’s loan.
The 26-year-old spent two months at League Two side Barnet earlier this season, scoring three goals in eight games.
- 1 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 5 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 6 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 7 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Hornchurch pub licensing meeting postponed due to 'possibly prejudicial' email
- 10 Hornchurch man ‘lucky’ for rare disorder diagnosis, thanks to junior doctor