Aldershot striker set for Daggers move
Marvin Morgan linked with a loan move to Victoria Road.
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have been linked with Aldershot’s Marvin Morgan as manager John Still’s first signing of the January transfer window.
The 27-year-old, who has netted five times for the ‘Shots this season, made the headlines for all the wrong reasons earlier this week after comments made on social networking site Twitter.
Morgan was unhappy after being booed by sections of the Aldershot crowd during Monday’s 2-1 defeat to struggling Hereford and was fined two week’s wages by the club and placed on the transfer list.
Northampton Town are also rumoured to be interested in the burly forward, but it is thought that the Daggers are in the driving seat to poach Morgan on loan with a view to a permanent move, with his contract at the Recreation Ground set to expire at the end of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile striker Phil Walsh has joined Cheltenham Town on a month’s loan.
The 26-year-old spent two months at League Two side Barnet earlier this season, scoring three goals in eight games.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing