Aladdin and Santa join forces in the Mall Romford
COLOURFUL characters from the Queen’s Theatre’s panto joined Santa to launch the shopping centre’s Christmas grotto today (Monday November 15).
Entertainment at the event, from 2pm- 4pm, included Christmas carols and favourite festive melodies from Queen’s performers, the Sanders Draper Signing Choir, wind and brass band Tradz, and Hornchurch-based choir Dawn Chorus.
Santa’s grotto is open from Monday to Saturday from 10am–5pm and on Sundays from 11am–4pm, plus extended opening hours during Christmas late night shopping.
Aladdin is bursting with a whole host of exciting characters - the whole family can giggle at the hilarious dame Widow Twankey, join in with Wishee Washee’s silly games, boo the evil Abanazar and be swept away by the magnificent Genie’s magical powers.
And best of all, everyone gets to go on an exciting adventure with brave, handsome Aladdin to help rescue beautiful Princess Jasmine!
You may also want to watch:
Widow Twankey and Wishee Washee will also be entertaining crowds at the Christmas Lights switch-on in Romford Market Place tomorrow (Tuesday November 16 at 5.30pm).
Aladdin, which is sponsored by The Mall, will be performed at the Queen’s, in Billet Lane, Hornchurch from December 4–January15.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
Tickets are �13.50-�21, with discounts for groups and families.
To book, call the Box Office on: 01708 443333 or book online at: www.queens-theatre.co.uk