AFC Hornchurch bring in quartet from Waltham Abbey as trio departs
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
AFC Hornchurch manager Mark Stimson has made a handful of changes to his playing squad.
The new Urchins boss has moved to bring in Joe Christou, James Goode, George Winn and Charlie Stimson from former club Waltham Abbey.
This follows the news of Ronnie Winn also joining the club from the Abbotts last week.
Midfielder Christou was previously at the club during the 2014/15 season.
He started his career at Tilbury before moving to Hornchurch then on to Thurrock where he made 104 appearances, scoring 19 goals.
You may also want to watch:
He had a brief spell at East Thurrock United before joining up with Mark Stimson at Waltham Abbey.
Goode, who is also a midfielder, joined Abbey in the summer from Thurrock where he had made 113 appearances, scoring 20 goals.
- 1 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 2 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 3 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 6 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 10 Sewage floods home of family with one-day-old newborn after heavy rain
George Winn, the twin brother of Ronnie and can play at central defender or full-back.
He signed for Thurrock from Redbridge in October 2015 and while at Thurrock he made 63 first team appearances.
Winn moved from Thurrock to Waltham Abbey where he made 13 appearances.
Stimson, the son of the manager, is a forward and has played for Thurrock, Gillingham, Barnet and Tooting & Mitcham.
He was with Thurrock for six seasons making 220 first team appearances and scored 70 goals.
Stimson moved from Thurrock to Waltham Abbey at the start of the 2018/19 season, scoring 4 goals in seven appearances.
On the back of this news the club has released long-serving forward Leon McKenzie, defender Leon Smith, and Bode Anidugbe.
McKenzie was third in the appearance list in the current squad having played 184 times for the club stretching back to his debut in February 2012.
Only Alex Bentley (262) and George Purcell (254) have made more appearances.
Over that time Leon scored 64 goals, one of which was the opening goal in the 2012 play-off final against Lowestoft Town which helped secure Conference South football for the following season.
Defender Smith first joined the club in August 2015 making 12 appearances that season, scoring on two occasions.
He returned to the club in September 2018 in the 3-3 draw at Dorking Wanderers and made 11 appearances.
Anidugbe signed from Thamesmead Town in November 2018 and made his debut in a 1-0 loss at Bishop’s Stortford on 3rd November.
First team opportunities have been limited for Bode, making only 5 appearances for the club.