Advice and a cuppa: free OAP event in Town Hall
OAPs can enjoy advice, chit-chat and a cuppa, at Havring Town Hall - as part of the UN’s Older Person’s Day.
The free event, between 1pm and 3pm on Monday (October 3), will offer visitors information about the services and help they could be eligible for, from either the council or other groups.
Representatives of Havering’s Customer Services and Community Safety will be there, along with members of the over 50s forum, Age Concern, Telecare, Liberty Credit Union and the NHS.
There will also be tea and biscuits.
Older Person’s Day, in its fifth year, celebrates the achievements and contributions that those in their mature years make to society and to the economy.
You may also want to watch:
It also aims to tackle negative attitudes and outdated stereotypes.
Older person’s champion, Cllr Pam Light said: “By 2020 more than half the population of the UK will be over 50, which is something we should be proud of and celebrate. This event, as well as being a celebration will be an opportunity for people to find out about the range of help and services the council and other partners provide.”
- 1 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 2 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 7 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues