Accordion player a hit on the web
A BUSKER who is regularly seen playing the accordion in the centre of Romford has become an unlikely Internet sensation.
A page on Facebook dedicated to ‘The dude in Romford always playing the accordion’ has more than 3,500 people confirming themselves as fans of the performer.
Dozens of comments have been left on the page ranging from the appreciative to the tongue-in-cheek to the insulting.
Christine Jagger wrote: “Does this guy actually know he has his own Facebook page? I worked at Priceless shoes that he plays behind, OMG (oh my god) it done (sic) our heads in on the summer holidays when he is always there.”
Billy Ichigo Walker said: “I see this dude all the time, he’s a local legend.”
You may also want to watch:
Jesse Asamoah said: “I always see him, he’s like my good luck charm when I go to play snooker.”
Rachel Louise Basham said: “I sit at Starbucks and he makes me feel like I should be in the film Amelie.”
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 7 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 8 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 9 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 10 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
The Recorder wanted to speak to the musician, but could not find him.
Perhaps he has used his new-found fame to play at bigger venues!