Accordion player a hit on the web
A BUSKER who is regularly seen playing the accordion in the centre of Romford has become an unlikely Internet sensation.
A page on Facebook dedicated to ‘The dude in Romford always playing the accordion’ has more than 3,500 people confirming themselves as fans of the performer.
Dozens of comments have been left on the page ranging from the appreciative to the tongue-in-cheek to the insulting.
Christine Jagger wrote: “Does this guy actually know he has his own Facebook page? I worked at Priceless shoes that he plays behind, OMG (oh my god) it done (sic) our heads in on the summer holidays when he is always there.”
Billy Ichigo Walker said: “I see this dude all the time, he’s a local legend.”
You may also want to watch:
Jesse Asamoah said: “I always see him, he’s like my good luck charm when I go to play snooker.”
Rachel Louise Basham said: “I sit at Starbucks and he makes me feel like I should be in the film Amelie.”
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 6 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 7 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
The Recorder wanted to speak to the musician, but could not find him.
Perhaps he has used his new-found fame to play at bigger venues!