Accordion player a hit on the web
A BUSKER who is regularly seen playing the accordion in the centre of Romford has become an unlikely Internet sensation.
A page on Facebook dedicated to ‘The dude in Romford always playing the accordion’ has more than 3,500 people confirming themselves as fans of the performer.
Dozens of comments have been left on the page ranging from the appreciative to the tongue-in-cheek to the insulting.
Christine Jagger wrote: “Does this guy actually know he has his own Facebook page? I worked at Priceless shoes that he plays behind, OMG (oh my god) it done (sic) our heads in on the summer holidays when he is always there.”
Billy Ichigo Walker said: “I see this dude all the time, he’s a local legend.”
Jesse Asamoah said: “I always see him, he’s like my good luck charm when I go to play snooker.”
Rachel Louise Basham said: “I sit at Starbucks and he makes me feel like I should be in the film Amelie.”
- 1 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 2 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Pupils explore great outdoors at primary's 'forest school'
- 7 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 8 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 9 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
The Recorder wanted to speak to the musician, but could not find him.
Perhaps he has used his new-found fame to play at bigger venues!