A13 is near top of Transport for London’s tweet list
- Credit: Archant
The A13 is one of the most tweeted about roads by Transport for London (TfL), its chiefs have revealed on the first anniversary of its Twitter account.
A film showing how real-time information is provided to London’s road users has been made to celebrate the anniversary.
The feed, @TFLTrafficNews, is a year old this week, and the film, From Street to Tweet, shows how incidents are reported on the account.
The roads and areas most tweeted about include the A406, mentioned 2,586 times, followed by the Blackwall Tunnel and the A13, which passes through Havering.
More than 25,000 tweets containing up to the minute London traffic information have been sent to 33,000 Twitter followers.
You may also want to watch:
On average, around 70 tweets a day are sent out, including warnings of disruption caused by accidents and emergencies to congestion caused by protests, sporting events and concerts around London.
Garrett Emmerson, chief operating officer for Surface Transport at TfL, said the feed was an invaluable asset.
- 1 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 2 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 7 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues