A12 CRASH UPDATE: Killed motorcyclist named as Martin Pullin, of Harold Hill
The motorcyclist killed in a hit-and-run crash on Friday evening (November 9) near Gallows Corner was 42-year-old Martin Pullin of Harold Hill, police have confirmed.
Mr Pullin, a scaffold lorry driver, was formally identified today (Wednesday). His next of kin have been informed.
He died at the crash scene after his motorbike, along with a second one, was in collision with a silver Renault Laguna, which failed to stop and drove off in the direction of Essex.
The Laguna sustained a smashed windscreen and damage to the boot, meaning it would not have been able to close, during the incident. Police are searching for its driver and have appealed to anyone who may have seen the damaged vehicle, either at the scene or later on, to contact them.
The smash happened on the A12 near its junction with Rise Park Boulevard just before 5pm. Mr Pullin was pronounced dead at the scene, and ambulance crews treated the rider of the second motorcycle, also a man, for minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A third motorcyclist, who was not involved in the crash but is believed to have given chase, has been helping the police with their inquiries.
A post-mortem was carried out on Mr Pullin yesterday and identified a head injury as the cause of his death. Friends and family have left flowers and notes at the spot where he died.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 8 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Nearby roads were closed after the incident, causing traffic jams into the night.
Anyone who witnessed the crash or has information that might assist police should call officers at Chadwell Heath Road Death Investigation Unit on 020 8597 4874.
If you would like to leave a tribute to Mr Pullin, please contact the Recorder news desk on 020 8477 3903 or e-mail email@example.com.