A Hammers stocking-filler for Christmas
IF YOU ARE struggling to find a little present for your West Ham mad relative, then look no further than the West Ham United Quiz Book, which has just been updated and released as a paperback.
There are a host of endorsements at the back of the tome, including contributions from the likes of John Motson, defunct fanzine Ironworks Gazette and former West Ham chief executive Scott Duxbury, but don’t be too put off by that.
This is not a book compiled by a Hammers nutter. Chris Cowling is more of a quiz book aficionado and has written other books on cricket, Carry On films and even Colchester United.
Some of the categories and questions will infuriate, others will delight, while trying to find the appropriate answers in the back to go with the questions, can be a little test in itself.
On the plus side, �1 from every sale will go to the Willow Foundation, a charity that raises money for ‘special days’ for young adults with life-threatening diseases.
You may also want to watch:
If you ever wanted to know Scott Parker’s middle name; what year Joe Kirkup was born and how many under-21 caps Christian Dailly won, then this book is for you.
If you don’t, then maybe steer clear.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 3 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 8 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
You can buy the West Ham United Quiz Book from most bookshops, including the Newham Bookshop on the Barking Road and online at www.amazon.co.uk