A Brentwood swimming club hosts scuba diving for youngsters
A Brentwood swimming club hosted a scuba diving session for 10 scouts.
Members of the Brentwood Selo Aqua Club were teaching youngsters aged 11 to 14, from the 6th Rayleigh Sea Scout group at the town’s leisure centre.
They were each given a 30 minute lesson by qualified instructors before diving.
Scout group leader Phillip Hind said: “It was a fantastic experience for my scouts for which we are most grateful. The experience was recorded with underwater photography and the evening was completed when the club diving officer Tony Porter presented each scout with a recognition try dive experience certificate.
Terry Blake, from the club, said: “We always look to support local youth and welcomes the opportunity to give youngsters an introduction to the underwater experience.”
You may also want to watch:
The club meets every Friday evening at the Brentwood Centre and membership is open to all Brentwood residents.
To join or for more information visit www.brentwoodselo177.co.uk, call Graham on 07725414532, or contact the club secretary, Eve Byles, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'