A Brentwood swimming club hosts scuba diving for youngsters
A Brentwood swimming club hosted a scuba diving session for 10 scouts.
Members of the Brentwood Selo Aqua Club were teaching youngsters aged 11 to 14, from the 6th Rayleigh Sea Scout group at the town’s leisure centre.
They were each given a 30 minute lesson by qualified instructors before diving.
Scout group leader Phillip Hind said: “It was a fantastic experience for my scouts for which we are most grateful. The experience was recorded with underwater photography and the evening was completed when the club diving officer Tony Porter presented each scout with a recognition try dive experience certificate.
Terry Blake, from the club, said: “We always look to support local youth and welcomes the opportunity to give youngsters an introduction to the underwater experience.”
You may also want to watch:
The club meets every Friday evening at the Brentwood Centre and membership is open to all Brentwood residents.
To join or for more information visit www.brentwoodselo177.co.uk, call Graham on 07725414532, or contact the club secretary, Eve Byles, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 3 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 8 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons