A Brentwood football club receives a cash boost from a mobile phone company
Herongate Athletic Football Club has received a �600 boost from TalkTalk.
The club will be supported by the company for the next year, and money will go towards on-going refurbishment work planned for the club’s existing clubhouse.
Residents in Herongate, West Horndon and the surrounding areas will also benefit from a �50,000 investment from the company, which is expanding its Next Generation Network to improve broadband connections in the area.
Alan Drake, from Herongate Athletic Football Club said: “We are very pleased that TalkTalk has chosen to support the club over the next 12 months.
“As a committee, we have been working hard and will continue to do so to fund-raise so that we can extend our clubhouse facilities. The donation from TalkTalk will go towards this great cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Tristia Clarke, commercial director at TalkTalk said: “By investing in the exchange in Herongate TalkTalk will be able to bring our great value offers to even more families in the area.
“In this amazing Olympic year, TalkTalk is also delighted to be supporting sport at grassroots level up and down the country. Herongate Athletic Football Club is a fantastic example of a local club engaging and enthusing the next generation to enjoy sport. We wish them every success with future endeavours.”
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor