A Brentwood football club receives a cash boost from a mobile phone company
Herongate Athletic Football Club has received a �600 boost from TalkTalk.
The club will be supported by the company for the next year, and money will go towards on-going refurbishment work planned for the club’s existing clubhouse.
Residents in Herongate, West Horndon and the surrounding areas will also benefit from a �50,000 investment from the company, which is expanding its Next Generation Network to improve broadband connections in the area.
Alan Drake, from Herongate Athletic Football Club said: “We are very pleased that TalkTalk has chosen to support the club over the next 12 months.
“As a committee, we have been working hard and will continue to do so to fund-raise so that we can extend our clubhouse facilities. The donation from TalkTalk will go towards this great cause.”
Tristia Clarke, commercial director at TalkTalk said: “By investing in the exchange in Herongate TalkTalk will be able to bring our great value offers to even more families in the area.
“In this amazing Olympic year, TalkTalk is also delighted to be supporting sport at grassroots level up and down the country. Herongate Athletic Football Club is a fantastic example of a local club engaging and enthusing the next generation to enjoy sport. We wish them every success with future endeavours.”
- 1 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 2 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 3 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 4 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 5 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 6 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 9 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 10 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack