80-year-old pedestrian dies on A12 at Romford
A woman who died following a fatal collision on the A12 at Romford was believed to have been crossing the road when she was hit.
The 80-year-old was in an accident with a car on the A12 close to Petersfield Avenue just before 5.55pm on Tuesday.
She was taken to hospital where she died yesterday.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “At this early stage, officers believe that the woman was attempting to cross the road and would urge anyone who saw her prior to the collision to contact them.”
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and there have been no arrests.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision call Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 2 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 3 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 6 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 7 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 8 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 9 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 10 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused